WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Thursday 15 February 2018

MY DARK VALENTINE - DAY 4


Hello Peeps,
Well - that schmaltzy time has passed for another year.  YaY :-)
 I am delighted to be playing in this great Hop hosted by LEIGH and giving my darker side of Valentine's Day a bit of a shake up LoL
We have a fabulous 5 days of darker schtuff to see and I hope that some of you will come and play along with us :-D


For today's piece I have made a sort of shadow box from cardboard. I painted it with texture paste first and then used some sprayed paint and tulle, with a lovely sort of feathered cord stuff.... looks a bit like teeny tinsel. I was aiming for a sort of "rust" effect but it didn't quite come off right  :-D  Then I splattered it all with 'fake' blood. The winged hearts are stamps from SMEARED INK (no longer trading) with an image from LEIGH SB DESIGNS - Ode to Poe in the centre. I used just the face from Leigh's awesome Freebie - POE LOVE.
The silk orchid is from my local Greek 1 euro shop.




I also have these to show you. I made them previously and have used IKEsART images " Love is Blind " and " Muse 1 ".

 Love is Blind " using scraps from the bits box and border punches, flowers and googly eyes. The image was coloured digitally. She was then matted and layered onto white card which I splattered with fake blood and border punched.


Muse 1 " Tag using embossed card, jute, die cut hearts, lace and button from my local store. The image was coloured with Promarkers. The Font used is called 'Blood'.



I am working on showing 2 pieces for our final day tomorrow.

Challenges I am entering:




10 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards and images the are just awesome
    Ginny x
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Poe piece. Has a patina that looks like it may have been forgotten in an attic for awhile. Love your embellies and stamps and I dare say that orchid is a bit "provocative." Gorgeous past makes, as well. Especially love the sentiment on the last. May have to file that away for future use, if I may. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous piece using Poe, and all the embellishments. Love your past makes too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are so great!
    lots of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fangtastic shares today and oh my goth I'm loving your Poe shadowbox, I may just be a bit biased there bwahaha but I LOVE IT! Thank you so much for using my designs, its such a thrill to see them in action!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love is blind huh? Well I didn't see that coming!!! And great shadowbox

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much beauty in these creations...can't help being drawn to the eyes stitched shut XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect Poe box...love the texture and colour. Great past makes too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful creation, great tribute to Poe and fabulous embellies you have added. Thanks so much for playing in our Decorate It challenge at The Paper Shelter Challenge. Hugs:) Audrey DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love your shadow box mixed media creation. Thank you so much for joining us over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenge. Best of luck this fortnight and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana Forrest

    ReplyDelete