WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Tuesday 19 January 2016

A BIT OF SEWING

Me again,

I have been sorting through my stash and trying to use up some NBUS. I think I have enough stuff to open a small shop. I must admit to being a wee bit of a hoarder of my 'precious' things, so I figured it was about time I started to actually use it hahaha :-)

Here is a little card that I made with the latest Freebie from A DAY FOR DAISIES. It's called " All Tucked In " - such a sweet design.

I paper pieced the blanket and pillow and then I coloured the rest with Copics.




After I cut it out I did a simple blanket stitch around the outside. I used some pretty thread I got from a local Greek shop and you wouldn't believe how insanely difficult this stuff was to thread the needle and actually sew with !!!! I can't imagine what it could possibly be used for but I fell in love with it on sight :-)

I mounted it on some pink corrugated card and then used a teddy bear backing paper from my NBUS Joanna Sheen 'Baby' pad of papers that I have had forever !!  :-D 

Thanks for dropping in.

Challenges I am entering:

AD4D Challenge #139 -  Cozy Day - Stitching
Digi Choosday Challenge - Stitching
Crafting From The Heart Challenge #95 - Anything Goes

Make My Monday Challenges - Stitching

15 comments:

  1. BRAVO!!!
    Very cute card! Congratulations, dear Ike!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on using up some of your precious stuff to make this little cutie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so sweet, love the stitching :), lots of hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this card is beautiful...I usually see the name Ike and think "dark and creepy" but this little sleeping baby card is so precious and "sweet". Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card!!! Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenges.-Monica DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so cute! Gorgeous papers, paper-piecing, stitching, image, all of it! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card. Thanks for sharing with us at ADFD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, ADORABLE! Kudos to you for that fab stitching. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous. Loving this image so much. I totally understand about your precious stuff... I have loads of papers I just look at. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting from the Heart. Sue DT. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely make. Thanks for joining us in our Stitching challenge at Digi Choosday
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SO sweet! Thanks so much for joining us over at the A Day for Daisies "Stitch it Up" challenge. Good luck in the prize draw.
    Love
    Jen L
    ADFD DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and lovely stitched element. Such a sweet image.
    Thanks for joining my challenge at Make My Monday.
    Fliss DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute, love the stitching around the frame and that pretty, sparkly thread you used. Thanks so much for playing at Digi Choosday stitching challenge this time. Hugs! Audrey DT:)

    ReplyDelete