WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Friday 17 May 2013

A FLOCK FOR A FRIEND

Hello Peeps,
Here is a little card I made to go with a present for a cyber friend of mine - Sandra of  STAMPING FOR PLEASURE  :-)
Now this lady used to have a couple of chickens that were regular posts on her Blog - getting up to their antics in her garden. :-)  She doesn't do that Blog any more but I thought she might like a little flock for indoors :-D  Would you believe it though .... I forgot to photograph the 'Girls' before I posted them, so here's hoping Sarn can take a pikky of them so I can put it on here.
*** Well - Sarn took me a pikkie of the Chooks at their new home... so here they are ......



Anyhoo, I made this little card to go with them using STAMPIN' UP products. I have had this little set for a while now but couldn't decide what on earth to make with them. This is what I came up with - I followed a design I had seen elsewhere, but used different colours and papers, and somehow it doesn't seem as good as the one I followed !!! How does that figure ?????  Maybe I should just stick to the Dark stuff :-D LoL
Sarn is a SU demonstrator, so I am sure she will be able to point out what I haven't quite got right with this one :-) 


Products:

'Language of Friendship' Rubber stamp set by Stampin'Up
'Chelsea Green' papers from Docrafts Papermania 6"x6" Capsule 

Challenges I am entering with my card:
Cuddlebug Cuties Sunday Linky Party.... For my Knitted Chooks :-)

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous love them I have sent you an email

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great gift, really nice.EE

    ReplyDelete
  3. those chicken are totally fabulous!!! Wow you are so very talented. What a wonderful gift. Love the card that you made to go with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you sooo much Ike. LOVE the card and the little knitted chooks - which were a delightful surprise yesterday. Me likey Happy Post.

    I can't think what you don't like about the card though . . . as I think it's GREAT! Works for me!

    Big hugs and many thanks again.
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh those are brilliant! and what a lovely card too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little chicks are so adorable! And I love the card too, I'm sure it was just as good as the one you followed, if not better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Ike - and those chooks are super-cute! I know from the recipient that they are already much loved!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chookies are so cute - and I love the green in your card - and there is no such thing as "getting it wrong" on a lovingly hand crafted creation - it looks perfect to me... Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ike,
    There is nothing wrong w/ your card, it's quite fetching! Love how you did the bird. I personally love that bird punch and stamps from Stampin' Up! But most of all I love your chickens!! They are too adorable. I recently acquired some chickens, we have a coop and everything. They are quite funny things. And who ever said chickens are dumb is stupid, cuz they are quite smart creatures! Love your card and Chicken critters and I bet your friend does too!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  11. what do you mean you card is awesome! love the green and the chicken..and yes Kristy got chicks we will be talking on the phone and she has to chase her chickens lol..awesome art as always my friend.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just fab little chooks Ike, love them!!!

    ReplyDelete