WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Saturday 2 February 2013

THE QUIRKS OF GREECE 2

Happy Saturday Peeps,
I hope you are all going to have a fabulous crafty weekend :-)

Following on from my previous story about the quirks of Greece, I have another one for you that never ceases to make me chuckle....
I was on a very big Greek ship travelling from Athens to here. This trip takes 13 hours and it was overnight, so we decided to get a cabin. We stashed our stuff in the cabin and noticed on the dresser was an ashtray. Looking up to the ceiling there was also a smoke detector and we were unsure if it was allowed to smoke in the cabin - Hubs can't go that long !. The ashtray itself was quite an anomaly, so we decided to go and ask. It went like this........

Me: "Excuse me - there is an ashtray in our cabin - are we allowed to smoke in there?"
Reception Man: "Yes, of course Madam"
Me: "Erm....But the ashtray has a No Smoking sign printed inside it ?"
Reception Man: "Ah - yes Madam........ that is for the people who choose not to smoke".

!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... well of course - silly me....... it all makes perfect sense......... doesn't it ????!!!  LoL

Anyways - this is the ashtray concerned........ I leave it to you to fathom this one out :-D


6 comments:

  1. I would have kept that one! Too weird and funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - I did.... fell into my bag somehow just before I left :-D xxxxxxxx

      Delete
  2. ROFLMAO!

    And . . . to cap it all . . . non-smoking Husband just found out that since Jan 9th he has been at risk of being fined for NOT displaying a "no smoking" sign in his OWN bought and paid for work van.

    The law is an ass!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thanks for that laugh. That honestly makes no sense at all. Language barrier issue or just a lack of brain issue on the part of the porter or whoever he was? Regardless I got a chuckle out of it as I'm sure you did.

    ReplyDelete